Spotted in Sanford…REALLY GUYS
Meanwhile in Florida, the alligators have developed sign making skills.
Clearly those gators made that sign themselves.
You could make a post admitting to eating your own boogers and enjoying it, as long as you tag it #nsfw every fucking porn blog will start following you
Until I started taking my antidepressants, though, I didn’t actually know that I was depressed. I thought the dark staticky corners were part of who I was. It was the same way I felt before I put on my first pair of glasses at age 14 and suddenly realized that trees weren’t green blobs but intricate filigrees of thousands of individual leaves; I hadn’t known, before, that I couldn’t see the leaves, because I didn’t realize that seeing leaves was a possibility at all. And it wasn’t until I started using tools to counterbalance my depression that I even realized there was depression there to need counterbalancing. I had no idea that not everyone felt the gravitational pull of nothingness, the ongoing, slow-as-molasses feeling of melting down into a lump of clay. I had no way of knowing that what I thought were just my ingrained bad habits — not being able to deposit checks on time, not replying to totally pleasant emails for long enough that friendships were ruined, having silent meltdowns over getting dressed in the morning, even not going to the bathroom despite really, really, really having to pee — weren’t actually my habits at all. They were the habits of depression, which whoa, holy shit, it turns out I had a raging case of.
Do you see those trees? There are leaves. There are leaves.
‘Paul Davidson. Old Manchester skater. Used to work at Split (the best shop) moved to LA probably 20 years ago and became a DJ’ - info via Fos
Rad, August 1988.
Tetola93 are an emo-violence band from Ashikaga. The members are Yujiro Takatori (Guitar/Vocals), Shohei Maruyama (Guitar/vocals), Shingo Takatori (Bass/Vocals), Kentaro Mizuno (Drums). They play a frantic passionate version of screamo with experimental use of layered vocals/screams. In a BTSS interview by Ryan on Meatcube label the band explains the reasoning behind their name.
"Frankly the reason for choosing tetola93 as our band name is really dorky. Tetola = in the anime Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory, there is a mobile suit named Gerbera Tetra. Tetola comes from tetra. 93 = the original bassist’s girlfriend at the time was named Kumi, which in japanese can be read as 93. Therefore we just put it there."
Tetola93 have put out a few demos and splits, namely a split with Visyaa that is utterly amazing. They sound a bit like Killie and Eastern Youth, and take influence from bands like Envy, His Hero is Gone, and Orchid.
Sadly i’ve only been able to get my hands on this 3rd demo which you can download for free at their BANDCAMP.
You can also stream the split they had with Visyaa there, which I highly recommend. Tetola93 announced that they’re breaking up after releasing a final LP due to marriages, jobs, and family situations. This band is for anyone who likes amazing emotional screamo this song is R vs. Hippie.
Woman Discovers 'Rape Room' in Comic Book Store; Is Promptly Fired
Welp. Here’s another depressing story about a woman who tried to speak up against workplace sexist bullshit.
There’s a comic shop I’ll never be visiting ever again. I hope it goes out of business. fyi it’s the Harrison’s in downtown Salem, MA
hooooly shit that’s literally the next town over
Black list this store lol
several of my other MA buddies have blacklisted this place now
ATTENTION ALL DOG OWNERS AND DOG LOVERS
DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG BUSY BONES!!!
See that adorable little fluff ball? His name was Gizmo, he was one of the happiest little pup pups that I have ever seen. He loved his family and every minute he cold spend with my mom.
One day, we gave him a busy bone as a treat. A few hours after eating it, he starting acting really odd. He wasn’t acting odd and barely reacted to anything.
We didn’t really think anything of it because he was a pretty odd little pup and we thought he just he had to poop or something. So we went to bed and everything like normal.
The next day, he was even worse. He didn’t move at all, and threw up everything he tried to eat or drink. My mom called the vet and they said to just let it go for the night because he was probably just a little ill.
Gizmo just kept getting worse and worse. He could barely life his head and laid around all day long. Finally, my mom brought him into the vet and she told them about what was going on and they decided to do an X-Ray on him.
After the results came in, they noticed a large blockage in Giz’s intestines. They called my mom so she could bring him in for emergency surgery.
After surgery, the vet came out with a sample of what was blocking his intestines. As soon as my mom saw it, she knew exactly what it was.
They said they extracted as much as they could, but it was hard because he was only about 10 pounds and surgery is hard on little dogs. We picked him up from the vet a few hours later so he could have a chance to wake up. When we picked him up, he was still under the anesthesia and not very responsive. We still brought him home because it was either that or leave him at the vet overnight alone.
When we got home, all of my other animals got next to the kennel to see what was wrong.
About an hour after getting home, Gizmo passed away at only 4 years old.
I then wrote a very angry letter to Purina (the owners of Busy Bone) telling them what happened. I heard back the next day, and we started our claim.
They talked to Gizmo’s vet who told them is was definitely the Busy Bone that had caused his death. Purina paid us for the cost of the surgery just to shut us up and left us.
I am telling you this story as a warning, I know that Busy Bones are a popular treat to give dogs, but I am begging you
Please do not feed your dogs Busy Bones.
Gizmo’s life couldn’t be saved, but your dog still has a chance.
"College as explained to me in high school" vs. "College as experienced firsthand"
- In high school they told us: There will be no grades in a class except the midterm and the final, so you have to study hard because failing one test means you fail the class.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Hey, you guys are working really hard on your third paper, so I'm just going to cancel the final and give everyone a hundred on it.
- In high school they told us: In college, class always begins exactly at the scheduled start time. If your class is at 9 AM and you get there at 9:01, the doors will be locked and you'll be out of luck, especially if it's the day of the midterm or final, because then you get a zero.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Does anyone mind if I start class at 3:35 instead of 3:30? These elevators are really slow and I want to have time for a cigarette before I teach for 90 minutes.
- In high school they told us: Every class you miss drops you a full letter grade in college courses.
- Once I was in college almost every professor said: You can miss three classes without a penalty, and a few more if you have a Doctor's note. Sorry to be a hardass, but you automatically fail if you miss more than ten days of class.
- In high school they told us: If you do have papers, your professors just lecture and put the assignments on the syllabus. You're completely responsible for remembering the deadlines, they won't remind you. All your professors will do is lecture and the rest is up to you.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Okay, so your next paper is in two weeks! I'll keep reminding you in the interim, but I just want to make sure you have enough time to do it! Let's run through the structure I want to see real quick, and if you have any questions, feel free to email me or come to my office hours!
- In high school they told us: You have to use MLA formatting and if you make any mistakes in your citations, it'll be considered plagiarism. You'll be expelled and probably sued.
- Once I was in college almost every professor said: Please do not use MLA, it is awful, we use either APA or Chicago here because we are not 14 years old.
- In high school they told me: There is no excuse for an absence. NONE.
- In college I called a professor and said: I'm really, really, really sorry but it's -18 before windchill and I have to walk two miles to get to class.
- The professor said: You stay inside and stay safe. Here's what we're reading today. I'll quiz you next week and if you can get a 90% I'll mark you present. I know you live off-campus, do you have food?
- In high school they told me: Your advisor is just for academia, not personal problems.
- In college my advisor called me: Are you okay? I haven't seen you in class in two weeks and I know you have depression. I can drop off your work if you'd like. Please call me and tell me how you're doing even if you can't get to class.
- In high school they told me: Don't argue. You think this is bad, wait til college.
- In college all but one of my professors said: You wanna argue, do it in a civil manner. We didn't get here today without 5000 years of healthy debate.
Dystopia - Green Destroyed